One of the most useful tools available for any speaker is close at hand – your smart phone.
Simply by owning and using your phone you can become a better speaker, allow me to explain:
- A smart phone can hold your speech script so you can rehearse it or revise it, anytime, anywhere.
- It can be your note-cards, if in the unlikely event that you forget what going to say next.
- It can hold your slides or presentation, so you can practice anywhere you go. In addition it is also a great way to check to see if the text is big enough, if you can read it on your smart phone without zooming in then it’ll probably be big enough for your audience to read.
- You can use it to make write or record ideas that you have while out and about, those amazing ideas that you will forget if you waited until you got home.
- And finally while presenting or even practicing you can record yourself so that you don’t have to rely on your memory of how it went instead you can listen back and see what went well and what elements need to be refined.
Smart phones are not just about surfing the net, they can make you a better speaker, use them.